Are you feeling stuck in your business or don’t know what to do next? Kenyon Blunt, certified Gazelles coach, Value Builder, and expert in growing and selling businesses, gives his advice on what to do when you hit a wall in your business… Maybe that means you want to move on from it to the next phase of your life or maybe that just means figuring out how to take it to the next level.
In today’s episode, you will learn:
- The difficulty of having a business partner with a different vision
- How to get “unstuck”
- Importance of a network or entrepreneur’s organization
- What is a roll-up of a company
- Importance of long range plans for your company
- Challenges with the turnaround of a business owned by a PE firm
This episode is sponsored by:
The Value Advantage™ is platform delivered via peer groups and/or 1-on-1 coaching to help you build a valuable company that can thrive without you while putting an exit plan in place so you have options to sell when you want, to who you want, for how much you want. You’re able to manage the business by the numbers, work in the business as much or as little as you want, and fully understand how the business impacts your personal financials.
Kenyon didn’t start out as a business coach – he went through his own exit first. During the episode, you will hear more about this journey and the exit option he chose when he was feeling completely burned out. You will hear about the next company he helped to turnaround and the challenges he faced with it being owned by a private equity firmed.
After going through these different exits, Kenyon wanted to help other business owners plan out their exits and grow and sell their companies on their own terms. Every entrepreneur at some point hits a personal or business plateau, just as Kenyon had, and with the help of his training in Scaling Up (Mastering Rockefeller Habits) through Gazelles, he helps people see beyond these plateaus.
The biggest takeaway Kenyon has for us is: “If you think you are stuck in your business and feeling like you are trapped, get some help… Try to get someone to bounce ideas off of. There are a lot of people who have gone through the same problems.”
Thanks to Kenyon for sharing his experience with us and I hope you all enjoy today’s episode! Please leave me any comments you have in the section below.
To help out this show, leave an honest review on iTunes. I read every review and your ratings will help the Life After Business Podcast gain exposure and hopefully help more business owners to exit happy!
Contact Information and Bio for Kenyon:
Unstuck Website: http://unstuckbook.info/
Buy “Unstuck” on Amazon HERE
Kenyon Blunt is an expert in growing small and medium-sized businesses. He likes to say that he has walked in the shoes of the business owner; he has founded and grown several companies in his career. Kenyon works with business owners and entrepreneurs to get unstuck and he knows how tough this can be especially with companies who have hit a bump in the road. In his last company, Kenyon led the turnaround of a struggling marketing services company. It was this experience and many before that showed him how businesses grow with core competencies he has labeled the Strategic 8: talent management, marketing, sales, operations, customer relationships, financial management, technology and innovation.
Kenyon has a long career of building and running businesses. Some of the highlights of his career prior to forming his consulting firm are below;
- CEO of a marketing services firm that grew and increased profitability as a result a significant upgrade in talent and a refocusing of its strategy around marketing technology Founder and president of a database marketing company that Kenyon grew and sold after 10 consecutive years of high profitability Investment banker for small and mid-sized businesses. Kenyon personally assisted in the sale of 21 small businesses.
Education & Affiliations
- BA, University of Kansas
- MBA, University of Kansas, concentration in Marketing
- Certified Gazelles coach,Gazelles.com
- Certified Topgrading professional,Topgrading.com
- Advisory Board Member, University of Kansas, School of Business
- Former Board Member, Grand Bank
- Executive Sponsor Entrepreneurs Organization of Oklahoma